Tech giants, start-ups, and enthusiasts galore assembled in Las Vegas for four days of futuristic fun at the 2019 Consumer Electronics Show (CES), January 8 – 11. From 8k TV screens and A.I. boxing robots to wispy-tailed cat pillows (sans cat) and meaty hamburgers (sans meat), CES 2019 offered a flurry of tech feats aimed at making life easier and more entertaining.
HeartGuide Makes its Debut
Among the exhibitors was Omron Healthcare, leading the narrative of new health tech with the official launch of Omron HeartGuide™, the first-of-its-kind wearable blood pressure monitor. The debut of this innovative medical device comes at a crucial time in U.S. history when, according to the American Heart Association, an estimated 103 million adults have high blood pressure. With 80% of heart disease and stroke being preventable, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, HeartGuide unlocks an opportunity for individuals at risk to take control of their health and track their blood pressure easily and effectively.
Heart Health, FTW
Drawing in whirlwind press coverage, an inquisitive crowd, and celebrities the likes of Dr. Mehmet Oz and Kanye West, the Omron Healthcare booth received monumental visibility at CES.
One of the standout features of the booth was the Omron Going for Zero pledge wall, a massive Plexiglass panel for booth visitors to sign their names. Each signature served a dual purpose as a declaration of the signer’s commitment to their heart health, and as a charitable donation of a blood pressure monitor to the American Heart Association, which is then given to someone in need. As a result, Omron Healthcare will donate 200 blood pressure monitors to the organization.
While HeartGuide took center stage, Omron Healthcare also showcased several upcoming and newly launched at-home blood pressure monitors aimed at maximizing efficiency in heart health tracking:
- Omron COMPLETE™
- The first 2-in-1 blood pressure monitor and EKG device.
- 7 Series Wireless Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
- Proposed features include ultra-silent, slim and portable monitor with heart zone indicator to ensure accuracy (FDA clearance pending).
- 7 Series Wireless Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
- Proposed design features include a dual display to compare new and last reading; stores up to 120 total measurements (FDA clearance pending).
- 10 Series Wireless Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
- Proposed design features include a backlit, dual display to compare new and last reading, stores up to 200 total measurements (FDA clearance pending).
By the end of the show, the company received three impressive tech awards for the HeartGuide wearable blood pressure monitor:
As the medical and wearable tech industries converge, Omron Healthcare is leading the pack with the introduction of HeartGuide, along with its commitment to the mission of zero heart attacks and zero strokes. This mission was certainly realized on the world’s largest tech stage.
Join us in our mission of Going for Zero by taking the pledge and sharing your commitment with your family and friends.