OMRON’S LATEST ACTIVITY MONITOR IS A WEIGHT LOSS MOTIVATOR
Exercise Expert Bob Greene Says the Unique Tool Helps Burn Calories & Achieve Goals
LAKE FOREST, Ill. September 12, 2013 – September signals a renewed sense of routine in many households, so it’s an ideal time to take stock of your fitness regimen. Whether working to maintain muscle tone or lose weight, a little extra motivation can go a long way. Small enough to fit in your pocket, the OMRON Activity Monitor with Weight Loss Tracker (HJA-312) is your “take-everywhere” fitness tool.
Unique among activity monitors, this device translates your weight loss wishes into real time activity goals. Whether walking, running or simply doing housework, you will know precisely how many calories you need to burn to reach your weekly milestones. Results and progress over time can be tracked by with easy, automatic data upload to your personal dashboard at OmronFitness.com.
“Setting goals, using the right tools and tracking progress are essential when establishing a fitness routine, and even more so when you’re trying to lose weight,” said Bob Greene, “20 Years Younger” author and Oprah’s personal trainer. “Staying motivated is critical to success, which is why I love the OMRON activity monitor with weight loss tracker – that’s something no other brand offers.”
To help your workout routine fall into place, Greene offers his advice for practicing healthy habits and setting fitness goals:
- Measure What Matters: Some people have a primary goal of losing weight, while others want to increase activity, tone muscle or improve heart health. If your goal is to lose weight in order to fit into a favorite holiday dress, take advantage of OMRON’s weekly calories burned goal tracker, which helps you set a weight loss target and translates that into activity time needed to reach that goal.
- Activity is Everywhere: Don’t forget that everyday fall activities are calorie-burning opportunities, including apple picking, leaf raking and trick-or-treating with the kids. Every move made counts as physical activity, so make sure to track at all times.
- Make It a Family Affair: Instead of thinking about your husband and kids as a roadblock to your fitness goals, create a plan for the whole family to reach your goals and spend more time together. In a cold climate, have the kids help shovel snow – or burn some calories making a snowman. It helps you and everyone moving!
- Track over Time: Once you’ve started a workout routine, it is important to track results on a weekly basis in order to continue to improve over time. As you lose weight, remember that goals will need to be adjusted.
- The Power of 80 Percent: People tend to have an all-or-nothing attitude when it comes to living healthy. But if you can follow your fitness routine even 80 percent of the time, you’re still going to be successful.
Tracking is a breeze when you sync your OMRON activity monitor to a personal dashboard at OmronFitness.com. Once data is transferred with the NFC Communication Tray, the dashboard documents your fitness trends for the week, month and year to show improvements and activity trends over time. Connect with friends through social networks to share your progress and motivate each other along the way.
Need more motivation? OMRON is partnering with Earndit to give you rewards for being active. Link your OMRON Fitness account to Earndit, and track your activity to earn points that can be redeemed for prizes or charity donations. And, for a limited time, receive a 25 percent discount on the OMRON Activity Monitor with Weight Loss Tracker and the NFC Tray, plus free shipping at https://store.omronhealthcare.com. Enter coupon code: fallfitness at checkout. For a chance to win free OMRON products, join our Twitter party on September 24, 2013 at 8:00 to 9:30 p.m. CT by using the hashtag #fitwithOMRON.
About OMRON Healthcare, Inc.
OMRON Healthcare, Inc., is a leading manufacturer and distributor of personal wellness products. OMRON’s market-leading products include home blood pressure monitors, fitness solutions, such as pedometers and heart rate monitors, and electrotherapy devices. In our connected and digital world, consumers want to accurately monitor and track certain aspects of their day-to-day health on- and offline. OMRON products provide accurate health information that support positive lifestyle changes and can be shared with friends, family and health professionals.