Together with OmronFitness.com, the latest OMRON device is an innovative way to keep track of fitness goals
LAKE FOREST, Ill. – Jan. 7, 2012 – One simple, smart device is giving people the power they need to reach their fitness goals. OMRON’s newest fitness solution, the Activity Monitor (HJA-312), reveals total calories burned throughout the day by tracking all types of activities – from walking to doing household chores.
Introduced today at the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show (CES), the device can be connected at OmronFitness.com via a NFC Communication Tray (sold separately) to track and transfer data, reflecting OMRON’s goal to give users a clear picture of their activity over time and to help them stay accountable by sharing progress and achievements with friends, family and healthcare professionals.
“OMRON has always been focused on finding innovative solutions to help all kinds of people reach their fitness and lifestyle goals, whatever those may be,” said Ranndy Kellogg, vice president, marketing and product development at OMRON. “Our new Activity Monitor is an intuitive product that shows people their everyday progress and motivates them to work out more. Together with its syncing capabilities at OmronFitness.com consumers can get a bigger picture of their total fitness over time.”
Track Your Day
For people at any fitness level, the OMRON Activity Monitor features:
- Weekly Tracker– A weekly calories-burned goal tracker shows how much activity time is required to reach weight loss goals
- Five Activity Modes– Tracks aerobic time, steps, distance, calories burned and pace
- Workout Mode– This mode separately tracks activity during a workout
- OmronFitness.com Compatibility – Through an NFC Communication Tray, users can track results, set goals and share victories at OmronFitness.com.
“Motivating yourself to keep working toward your fitness goals can be difficult, especially when you don’t know what overall progress you’re making every day,” said Bob Greene, Oprah’s personal trainer. “The Activity Monitor from OMRON takes into account all your daily activities and, when connected to OmronFitness.com, makes it easy for you to see your results.”
OMRON and Bob Greene will be promoting the Activity Monitor and other great fitness products at CES, booth #26511, from Jan. 8th through the 11th in Las Vegas, Nev. Bob Greene will appear only on Jan. 8th and conduct a book signing at 11:00 a.m. P.T. in the OMRON booth.
Connect at OmronFitness.com
Connecting an OMRON product to OmronFitness.com means users can transfer data and track progress over time on a personal dashboard. Mac and PC compatible, the dashboard is accessible on a computer and laptop, viewable on smartphones and tablets, and lets people:
- Earn badges for connecting products, tracking stats, breaking personal bests and setting goals
- Share progress with friends, family and healthcare professionals via email, Facebook and Twitter
- View data and trends by the day, week, month and year
- Receive motivational tips from Bob Greene
Work Out Smarter
From pedometers to heart rate monitors, OMRON fitness products move with you, providing accurate readings to help reach new fitness benchmarks, whether that’s increasing daily steps or spending more time in an optimal heart rate zone:
- Continuous, Strapless Heart Rate Monitor – With OMRON’s strapless heart rate monitor, continuous monitoring is now all in the wrist – there’s no need for an annoying chest strap while exercising. It provides accurate monitoring; and alerts you when you’re in the right zone for an optimal workout.
- Tri-Axis USB Pedometer – The latest pedometer’s Tri-Axis technology uses 3D smart sensor technology to count steps accurately and quietly whether it’s flat, vertical or horizontal. It has four activity modes for both regular and aerobic activities and stores up to seven days of information.
Visit the OMRON Fitness Store to purchase any of OMRON’s fitness products, including:
- OMRON Activity Monitor (HJA-312), $49.99
- OMRON NFC Communication Tray (HHX-IT3-Z), $19.99
- OMRON Continuous Strapless Heart Rate Monitor (HR-500U), $149.99
- OMRON USB Tri-Axis Pedometers (HJ-322U, HJ-323U), $44.99 & $49.99