I support Omron Healthcare’s goal of Going for Zero heart attacks and strokes.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death worldwide. Heart attacks and strokes are impacting nearly every one of us. These are preventable conditions and we can all take steps to reduce the likelihood of these events from striking us or our loved ones.
Every one of us can play a valuable role in the Going for Zero goal by starting conversations and sharing important information about heart health.
Share information from the Going for Zero website. Connect with Omron on Facebook and Twitter and re-post heart health tips. Consider giving a blood pressure monitor as a gift – knowing heart health numbers and taking timely action can make a difference.
And pledge to follow these heart health tips in your own life to reduce your risk:
- Exercise: Just be a little more active. Walk instead of drive, take the stairs instead of the elevator, park further away and count steps to a healthier heart.
- Eat smart: Try to find low-fat, low-sodium substitutes that also taste great. Potassium found in bananas and carrots is nature’s best medicine for your heart.
- Kick the habits: Minimize your alcohol and cigarette usage. If you’re going to have a drink try red wine, which, in moderation, is better for your heart.
- Stifle your stress: Stress is a normal part of life. But too much can increase the risk of heart disease. Relax by doing things you enjoy (yoga, gardening, reading, sleeping eight hours, etc.) and your heart will benefit.
- Monitor your blood pressure regularly. Yes, we’re in the heart health tech business, but this is not a sales pitch. Knowing your blood pressure numbers throughout the day can help you see a heart attack or stroke coming and take action to save your own life.
I want to be part of Generation Zero.