Updated July 9, 2021
Additionally, if you are a California resident, you may have additional rights under California law. Therefore, please review the section titled Your California Privacy Rights.
Collection of Information
Use of Information
Sharing of Information
Links to Other Websites and Applications
Advertising and Analytics
Visitors to the Site from Outside of the United States
Your Choices and Updating Your Information
Security and Retention
Your California Privacy Rights
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, phone number, and any other information you choose to provide. For example, you share information directly with us when you register a product, create an account, sign up to receive our newsletter or other email communications from us, fill out a form, submit or post content through our Services, communicate with us via third-party platforms, participate in a contest or promotion, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. You may also choose to add information to your mobile application account, such as your profile image, biography, race, ethnicity or any other contact information or third-party email addresses. Additional information that you may provide us if you use a connected Omron device, such as Omron Complete or a Kardia Mobile Device (collectively referred to as “Omron Device”) may include:
- Activity Information: We may collect information about your activity, such as your blood pressure, heart rate, blood pressure monitor cuff position, movement error and location on the body where the electrocardiogram (“EKG” or “ECG”) recording was taken (e.g. finger tips, chest, limbs, etc.).
- Health History and Information: We also collect health information that you choose to provide through your use of our mobile applications, such as: your (and your family) medical history, current medical conditions and diagnoses, current medications, test results, raw EKG measurement data and readings, average heart rate, blood pressure readings, pulse rate, irregular heartbeat, average blood pressure results and any notes, tags or voice memos to EKG recordings you make.
- Fitness and Behavioral Information: Lastly, we may collect health and fitness-related information that you choose to provide us, including your height, weight, Body Mass Index, skeletal muscle percentage, resting metabolism, body fat percentage, visceral fat level, alcohol and caffeine consumption, whether you are a smoker or non-smoker, steps you’ve taken, distance walked, aerobic steps, calories burned, sleep duration, total awake time, low movement, high movement, auto sleep details, daily fitness goals (e.g., steps, sleep, weight, etc.), weight tracking, any notes, tags, dates, times and readings of the fitness and behavioral information and any other details relating to your fitness and behavioral information where you choose to share.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
We collect information automatically through your use of our Services (including our mobile applications), from devices and certain services with which you sync, such as Apple Health, Samsung Health and Google Fit or any other third-party application(s). When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, application version, device language, and accelerometer data (when using the mobile application). We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Location Information: In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the precise location of your device. You may stop the collection of precise location information at any time (see the Your Choices and Updating Your Information section below for details).
- Omron Device Information. We collect information about the specific Omron Device you use, such as device identifiers (user ID(s), device model, serial number, and any identifiers you assign to your device) and when your Omron Device is near your device to which the Omron Device connects.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We obtain information from third-party sources. For example, we may collect information about you from advertising networks, internet service providers, data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, other third-party applications with which you connect (e.g., Apple Health, Samsung Health and Google Fit, social networks, data brokers) and you directly.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address or infer that you are looking to purchase certain products based on your browsing behavior and past purchases.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect directly, automatically and through third-party applications, such as Apple Health, Samsung Health, Google Fit and any other third-party applications to deliver the products and services you request and customize your experience with us. We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide our Services to you, communicate with you about your use of our Site and Services, respond to your inquiries, fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes;
- Tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, offer location customization, offer personalized help and instructions, and otherwise personalize and improve your experiences while using the Site or Services;
- Send marketing and promotional information, including news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you, including information about third-party products and services, to the extent permitted by law and, where required, with your consent;
- Authenticate your identity;
- Provide, maintain, and improve our products and Services;
- Better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes;
- Send you customer experience surveys, questionnaires, and recall notices;
- Personalize and improve your experience on our Services;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Omron and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices and Updating Your Information section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Provide and administer our loyalty program (see the Financial Incentives section for further information);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Advertising and Analytics section below);
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of Omron and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
- Monitor your compliance with any of your agreements with us;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations;
- Manage or transfer our assets or liabilities, for example in the case of an actual or potential acquisition, disposition or merger; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Cross-Device Tracking Use
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- We share personal information with vendors, service providers, and consultants that need access to personal information in order to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising.
- If you submit a product review or post content in another public area of our Services, we share this information publicly on our Services.
- We share personal information with third-parties for their own services and marketing purposes, unless you opt out of this type of sharing by contacting us by phone at (866) 216-1333 or online by completing this Contact Us form indicating your request to opt out of such sharing. California residents may also opt out by clicking the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link that is prominently displayed in our Site’s footer or the button below.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Omron, our users, the public, or others.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
In addition to the above, if you use one of our mobile applications, we may share your personal information as follows:
- With your consent, we may share your personal information, including data collected from your Omron Devices, with other health-focused mobile applications installed on your mobile device, such as Apple Health, Samsung Health or Google Fit, to help you track your health and wellness information.
- If you choose to participate in a clinical trial study (“Study”), you will first be required to sign an authorization form (“Informed Consent”) from the physicians or other health care providers, clinical trial programs or other related third parties (“Study Team”) for that specific Study. By connecting to our mobile application or using data obtained from your Omron Device to participate in the Study, you consent to the collection of your personal information through the mobile application, as outlined in the applicable Informed Consent for that Study. The personal information we collect through the mobile application may be shared with the Study Team, in accordance with our agreement with the Study Team and any privacy notices provided to you by the Study Team. Please note that deleting the mobile application will not withdraw you from the Study. Contact the Study Team directly if you have any questions about the Study or wish to withdraw from participating in such Study.
We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you, including data collected through our Services (including our mobile applications), with healthcare researchers, research organizations, and other third parties.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND APPLICATIONS
The Site or our other Services, including our mobile applications, may contain various links to, as well as plug-ins or widgets from, social media and other third-party websites or applications, which may provide additional information, goods, services, and/or promotions. These third-party websites or applications are owned and operated independently of Omron and have their own separate privacy and data collection practices. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third party; therefore, you should review their privacy policies and practices prior to interacting with their websites or applications, using any of their tools, or sharing any of your personal information with them.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
We also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of customized campaigns on third‑party platforms (such as Facebook and Instagram). As part of these ad campaigns, we or the third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
Additionally, when you use our mobile application or its content, certain third parties may collect information about you or your device. We use automated applications, such as Google BigQuery, Segment and Mixpanel, to evaluate usage of our mobile application. We also may evaluate our mobile application using other analytic means. We use these tools to help us improve our mobile application, services, performance, and user experiences. These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the mobile application. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information and online activities over time and across different apps and other online services.
The device you use to access and use our Services may allow you to opt out of having certain information collected, including through mobile applications, and used for behavioral advertising purposes (e.g., “Limit Ad Tracking” on iOS or “Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads” or “Opt Out of Ads Personalization” on Android).
Online Tracking & Shine the Light
For more information about interest-based ads and how to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices. You may also contact us directly by phone at (866) 216-1333 or online by completing this Contact Us form.
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at (866) 216-1333 or online by completing this Contact Us form.
VISITORS TO THE SITE FROM OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
YOUR CHOICES AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
We will make a reasonable effort to ensure that your personal information used or disclosed by us is accurate and complete. In most cases, however, we rely on you to ensure that your information is current, complete, and accurate. Some of our Services may allow you to update your account information. If so, you may do so at any time by logging into your account or by contacting us at this Contact Us form. If you wish to delete your account, please contact us by phone at (866) 216-1333 or directly at this Contact Us form, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
If you demonstrate the inaccuracy or incompleteness of the information we maintain about you, we will assist you in updating the information as required. If appropriate, we will send the amended information to third parties to whom the information has been disclosed. When a challenge regarding the accuracy of personal information is not resolved to your satisfaction, we will annotate the personal information under our control with a note that the correction was requested but not made.
To the extent any of our mobile applications collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the app’s collection of this information when you first pair your Omron Device to such app and each time thereafter when you sync with such apps. If you initially consent to our collection of such location information, you can withdraw consent at any time by changing the preferences on the mobile device you use to access the mobile application (e.g., mobile phone, tablet, etc.). You may also stop our collection of this location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device. However, please note that some features of our Services may no longer function properly if you stop our collection of this location information.
You may opt out of receiving text messages or promotional emails from Omron by following the unsubscribe or opt out instructions in those communications or completing the Email Preference Center Form or by contacting us directly by calling (866) 216-1333 or at this Contact Us form.
If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications
With your consent, we may send push notifications to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
SECURITY AND RETENTION
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security completely. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Services, including our mobile applications. Further, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measure we provide. Please take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, mobile device, or computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer or device, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity. If you have a security-related concern, please contact us by phone at (866) 216-1333 or directly at this Contact Us form.
We keep your personal information only for so long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations. Omron will retain your information indefinitely if it believes in good faith that we have a legal obligation to do so.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq.) and the Shine the Light law (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83) afford consumers residing in California certain rights with respect to their personal information. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you. This section of the Privacy Statement applies to information collected online and offline through or in connection with our Site, mobile applications, or other Services.
California Consumer Privacy Act
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the categories of personal information set forth in the table below. For details about the precise data points we collect and the categories of sources of such collection, please see the Collection of Information section above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the Use of Information section above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business purposes to the following categories of recipients:
|Category of Personal Information||Categories of Recipients|
|Identifiers (such as name, email address, telephone number, IP address,
unique device ID, etc.)
|Vendors and service providers such as payment processing, web hosting, information technology, customer service, cloud service, data analytics, social networks, marketing and advertising|
|Internet or Other Electronic Network Information (such as domain information, browsing activity, session information, cookie information)||Vendors and service providers such as payment processing, web hosting, information technology, customer service, cloud service, data analytics, social networks, marketing and advertising|
|Commercial Information (such as information about Services purchased, obtained, or considered)||Vendors and service providers such as payment processing, web hosting, information technology, customer service, cloud service, data analytics, social networks, marketing and advertising|
|Inferences (such as characteristics, interests, and trends)|
|Protected Classifications (such as gender, age, household information)|
|Biometric Information (such as blood pressure, electrocardiogram information, and weight) from our mobile application|
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information for money but we and our business partners use tracking technologies to help us to understand our customers and visitors to the Services, to enhance your online experience, and to customize our offerings in ways that may be deemed a “sale” of personal information under the CCPA. This includes working with third parties such as ad networks that collect personal information via tracking technologies to personalize advertisements on and off our Services and to provide us with data collection, reporting, and ad response measurement. To the extent we or our partners use such technologies on the Services, we offer a “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” opt-out (), as discussed in the Advertising and Analytics section above. If you elect to opt out, then we will notify third parties of your request.
We do not knowingly sell personal information about consumers under the age of 16.
Your Rights under the CCPA
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell, (2) request deletion of your personal information, (3) opt out of any “sales” of your personal information that may be occurring, and (4) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
The rights to know and delete are subject to our being able to reasonably verify your identity and authority to make these requests. In order to verify your identity when you submit a request, we will ask you to provide two (2) or three (3) pieces of personal information to confirm in our records. For example, if you purchased an Omron product or Service through our Site, you will be asked to provide at least your name and details of your recent interactions with us.
How to Submit a Request Under the CCPA
If your Personal Information is subject to the CCPA, you may make these requests by calling (866) 216-1333 or completing this Consumer Request Submission Form. You may also authorize someone to exercise these rights on your behalf. In order to do so, we require signed permission. If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or equivalent document that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that you have provided such agent with a power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. Once we have a copy of the valid signed authorization, your designated representative/authorized agent will be able to exercise these rights with respect to the account(s) listed on such authorization for the life of the account, unless there is a specified term or expiration date on the authorization form. Any information gathered as part of the verification process will be used for verification purposes only. Responses to verifiable consumer requests will be delivered through secure email or postal mail, depending on your election when you submit such requests.
We provide price discounts, rewards, services, and other perks for members of our loyalty programs related to certain Omron Services (collectively “rewards programs”) and members of our mailing list. Through these offerings, consumers like you provide us with some personal information (e.g., names, emails, phone numbers, health and medication information, and information about your daily routine) when you opt in and participate in our rewards programs. There is no obligation to opt in and you, as well as other consumers, may opt out at any time. The details of each rewards program are contained in the applicable offering. Our rewards programs can be found in the “Rewards” section of our mobile applications. We offer these rewards programs, among other things, to enhance our relationship with you so you can enjoy more of our products/services at a lower price. We invest heavily in our marketing and brands, in part, so we can provide rewards programs to our customers. Consumer data is valuable to our business only when it is combined with a sufficient number of other consumer data and after it is enhanced by our efforts described below. The value to our business of any individual consumer’s personal information is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, whether and to what extent you take advantage of any offerings, whether and to what extent you opt out of any offerings, and whether we are able to enhance the data through our efforts described below. Our ability to create any value from the rewards programs is heavily based on our ability to leverage said intellectual properties. We do not calculate the value of consumer data in our accounting statements. We make this good faith estimate for California residents. To the extent we create overall value from our rewards programs to our business that could be directly or reasonably related to the value of customer data, the method for calculating the same would include: (1) the expenses associated with the offer, provision or imposition of any financial incentive or price or service differences, such as our intellectual property, data analytics, and marketing operations, (2) the expenses related to the collection, retention and enhancement of customer’s personal information, and (3) all other expenses reasonably related to the rewards programs.