OMRON Respiratory FAQs | OMRON offers a wide range of nebulizers for you to choose from, and are designed to treat different respiratory diseases.
- General FAQ
- Update to OMRON Connect
- Migrating from Heart
- Android Connectivity
- Notification Feature
- Subscription and Premium Features
- Data Share, Data Security, Privacy, Location in App
- Blood Pressure Monitors
- Body Composition Monitors & Scales
- Activity Tracker
- Heart Rate Monitor
- Professional Products
- Cancellations, Returns & Exchanges
- Customer Service
- Order Information
- Payment Options
- Shipping Information
Always consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication or medication routine. If you have COVID-19 or have similar symptoms, your physician may recommend using a nebulizer in a separate room or area from others in your household. Per the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (ACAAI), nebulization may cause the virus to become suspended in droplets, which could remain in the air for 1-2 hours. As such, your physician may recommend nebulizing outside or in an area where air is not recirculated into the home and surfaces are easily cleaned.
Cleaning your nebulizer is recommended after each use to ensure safe and effective medication delivery. Always follow the cleaning instructions provided with your nebulizer and consult your physician regarding the best cleansing agent for your nebulizer. To find cleaning instructions for an OMRON nebulizer, please refer to the following links:
According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (ACAAI), asthma is an underlying medical condition that may be associated with more severe disease if you are infected with COVID-19. This said, it is still unknown whether COVID-19 will trigger asthma exacerbations or whether having asthma puts you at a higher risk for contracting the disease.
Mesh caps are maintenance items and do not carry any warranty. Properly maintaining your mesh caps will prolong the life of your mesh cap.
1. After each inhalation treatment, remove the mask adapter from the main unit by pressing both sides of the mask adapter.
2. Open the medication container and remove the mesh cap.
3. Discard the medication then re-install the mesh cap.
4. Fill the medication container with water and close the lid of the medication container. Nebulize the distilled water for 1 to 2 minutes to prevent medication from drying and adhering to the mesh after each use.
5. Open the lid of the medication container and remove the mesh cap from the medication container.
6. Wash the mesh cap in mild (neutral) detergent, then rinse off with distilled water. Remove excess water and allow to air dry in a clean place. Some types of medications may remain on the mesh. Make sure to clean the medication from the mesh. Do not wash under running water.
Consumers should contact their individual insurance company to determine whether the purchase of a nebulizer system or peak flow meter is covered by their insurance.
Your Insurance company may ask for the CPT code:
General aerosol treatment non-pressurized – CPT 94640
First treatment: CPT 94664
Second treatment: CPT 94665
Attach the appropriate size mouthpiece on the input side of the Peak Flow Meter. Slide the indicator to the bottom (zero) side of the scale. Take a deep breath, put your mouth tightly over the mouthpiece and blow out hard and fast as possible, a short sharp blast. You do not have to expel all of the air in your lungs. The final position of the indicator is your PEFR (peak expiratory flow rate).
The following are current HCPC codes for Nebulizers:
E0570 – Standard Nebulizer with Compressor
Model Numbers: NE-C16, NE-C18, NE-C21V, NE-C25, NE-C28, NE-C30, NE-C801, RE-C800KD
E0571 – Battery Powered Aerosol Nebulizer
Model Numbers: NE-C21 with Battery Pack
E0574 – Ultrasonic/electronic aerosol generator with small volume nebulizer
Model Numbers: NE-U22V, NE-U100
A7005 – Non-Disposable (Reusable) Nebulizer Administration Set
Part Number: 9914, 9978-1
A7003 – Disposable Nebulizer Kit
A4614 – Peak expiratory flow rate meter, hand held
Model Number: PF9940